Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pecan Pie

My Dad's most favorite dessert in the world is Pecan Pie. After making this for him, I told him that if I knew how easy Pecan Pie was to make, I would've made it a long time ago for him! Even if this Pecan Pie didn't turn out as well as it did, he still would've loved it because he loves Pecan Pie just that much. Also, he is my dad so I believe that I can do no wrong in his eyes? Or something like that...

Adapted from Epicurious

Oh and please excuse me as I use store bought crusts. Apparently, my grandma did it and she was a boss, so I will follow suit and do it too. HUMPH.

Ingredients

Crusts

  • 3/4 stick unsalted butter
  • 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup light corn syrup
  • 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 cups pecan halves (1/2 pound)

  • Directions

    1) Preheat oven to 350degrees with baking sheet on middle rack
    2) Place crust on baking sheet for 8-10 minutes until slightly browned
    3) Meanwhile, melt butter in a small pan over medium heat and add brown sugar while whisking until smooth.
    4) Remove from heat and whisk in corn syrup, vanilla, orange zest and salt.
    5) Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl and then whisk in the corn syrup mixture thing.
    6) Place pecans in a pie shell and pour corn syrup mixture evenly over them.
    7) Bake on hot baking sheet until filling is set, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
    8) Cool. For real. Cool.
    9) Share and Enjoy! (oh and throw some ice cream on that bad boy!)

    My dad loved it which was to be expected. However, I also had a slice and enjoyed it and I am not the hugest proponent of pecan pie, so I think that is saying something?!? If you have a pecan lover in your life, just make it for them because they will be greatly appreciative...and it is easy!

    Made: 11/24/10
    "Posted": 12/05/10
    Posted: 06/01/11

    No comments: