These are simple and classic...and easily adaptable to any situation.
Adapted from Food Network
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon milk
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees (after mix has been refrigerated)
2) Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3) In another bowl, place butter and sugar and beat until light in color.
4) Add egg and milk and beat to combine.
5) With your mixer on low speed, gradually add flour. Wrap the dough in waxed paper and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6) Remove 1 wrapped pack of dough from refrigerator and roll it out until its about 1/4 inch thick. Becareful to not let the dough stick.
7) Form cookie shaped circles and place about at inch apart on a greased baking sheet.
8) Bake for 7-9 minutes until the cookies just BEGIN to turn brown.
9) Remove from oven. Top with red and green sprinkles (or whatever colors you fancy). Cool.
10) Share and Enjoy!