Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oatmeal Scotchies

These cookies will transform your life. You think I am kidding but I am COMPLETELY serious. For real though. These cookies are just so delicious and so simple that I wish that I had been consuming them my entire life (although my waistline would have not been too happy about it).

Make these. Just do it. You will not regret your decision. I PROMISE.

Side Note: I usually half the usual recipe because If I made the full recipe, I would have about four dozen cookies and would be tempted to eat every last one of them. Seriously.

Ingredients

3/4 Cup Flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 cup of butter

1/2 cup of brown sugar

1/2 cup of granulated sugar

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 cup of Old-Fashioned/Quick Cooking Oats

1 Cup of Butterscotch Chips

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2) Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl and set aside

3) Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl

4) Gradually beat in flour mixture over the course of 2-3 minutes

5) Stir in Oats and Butterscotch Chips

6) Round into approximate two inch balls and place them onto an baking sheet

7) Bake 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies

8) Cool on baking sheets for a couple of minutes...or just eat them immediately. your choice. i can't resist.

9) Share and Enjoy!!!!

Made: 12/02/10
Posted: 05/31/11

No comments: