Saturday, December 25, 2010

Holiday Cookies: My Family's Favorite Cookie

You are intrigued, right? Well this cookie goes out to my entire family but most importantly, to my late Grandma. The funny thing about this cookie is that EVERYONE in my family loves this cookie except me...actually, it's just weird. However, my Grandma made this cookie for my mom and her siblings and now my aunts make these for us, and now I am returning the favor and making it for them...and one day, I guess I will make it for my kid(s)? Yes, I will.

Now you must be wondering, what is this cookie that is at the center of your family? Mincemeat Cookie. It's special, it's delicious...and although we have them at the holiday season (that's when you can get mincemeat), we really like to eat them all year round.

If you start making this cookie, you will love it. I promise.

Ingredients

3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 large eggs beaten
1 9 oz. package of Borden Nonesuch Mincemeat

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 375
2) In one bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda
3) In another bowl, cream butter, sugar until fluffy. Add eggs until smooth.
4) Stir in mincemeat to wet mixture and then gradually add flour mix. Mix super well.
5) Roll into two inch dough balls and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
6) Bake for about 10-12 minutes until slightly browned.
7) Share and Enjoy!!!

These cookies are about family and that is good enough for me. <3

Made: 12/24/10
"Posted": 12/25/10
Posted: 06/03/11

No comments: