Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Pesto Pasta with Tofu, Olives and Cherry Tomatoes
Oh hey, off the book recipe. I've got a couple of those coming to you. This is a pretty simple one. Just add some stuff to some pasta and there ya go. Except, you should probably really make this one because it is super tasty and good. And if you have a gluten allergy, throw some gluten-free pasta in this bad boy and have yourself a little party. YUM.
1 Cup of Uncooked Penne
2/3 Cup of Diced EXTRA firm Tofu
1/2 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes
4 Tablespoons of Pesto
1/2 Cup of Kalamata Olives
1/2 Cup of Fresh Mozzarella
1) Salt water and boil penne until cooked
2) Meanwhile, saute exta firm tofu in oil in large saucepan with salt, pepper and some red chili flakes for 5-6 or until browned.
3) Halve Cherry Tomatoes and add them a long with Olives and Mozzarella to the drained pasta.
4) Add your pesto and tofu and also about another tablespoon of olive oil.
5) Mix ingredients well and season to taste with salt and pepper
6) Enjoy and Share!
I found that the red chili pepper flakes added a nice kick...so yeah. Make this. :-)