Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oatmeal Craisin Cookies







For Close Buddy of BOOF's Birthday a while back, I wanted to send her something to celebrate her special day despite my inability to be there in person. I knew that I was going to include my staple Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies , but I wanted to mix it up and try out something new. I like Oatmeal but I hate raisins...but I love Craisins, so I decided to try them out in the oatmeal cookie form. There it is not a huge difference between Craisin and Raisin, so I pretty much just used a standard Oatmeal Raisin Cookie and just morphed it a little bit.

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups quick cooking oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 Cups of Craisins
1 teaspoon of Cinnamon* the Secret Ingredient!
1 teaspoon of Nutmeg* Secret Ingredient # 2!

Directions


1) Beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla for 5 minutes. In another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time.

2) Mix in Craisins

3) Round in 2 inch balls and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees F.





No comments: