Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fusili with Spinach, Beans and Asiago Cheese


first things first. the original recipe called for Cavatappi pasta, but I just used what I had in my cupboard and it was just as tasty.

maybe we can call this the 30days of pasta through "Cooking Light". It sure has felt that way. My tummy has been too full with veggies, beans, and deliciousness. Now onto this quick and easy recipe, perfect for any low on time 20 vegetarian.

Ingredients:
4 Cups of coarsely chopped spinach leaves
2 of uncooked Fusili (or Cavatappi)
1/2 Cup of Shredded Asiago Cheese
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
2 Garlic cloves
1 19oz can of Cannellini Beans (White beans)

Directions
1) You are going to kill me for how easy this is
2) Cook pasta of choice
3) Meanwhile mince garlic cloves and shred Asiago
4) Drain pasta and transfer to medium sized bowl
5) First, add asiago and spinach mix around and then cover for 4-6 minutes
-- This allows the cheese melt and the spinach to wilt
6) Remove cover and add garlic cloves, olive oil and white beans and stir well
7) Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper
8) Enjoy and Share!

I would make this again in a heart beat. I usually really like to put garbanzo beans in my pasta dishes so the switch to Cannellini beans was a nice change of pace. I really enjoyed them in this dish and I definitely recommend covering the pasta with the asiago and spinach because it definitely enhanced the flavor of the asiago. I would also dabble with the idea of using Swiss chard or arugula instead of spinach, but we'll have to see about that. :-)

No comments: