Friday, September 10, 2010

Pasta Primavera

Continuing the romp through "Cooking Light Pasta".

Unlike the previous pastas, it was not until that I flipped through the cooking light book that I had any desire to make any of those dishes. They were...different...not your typical pasta recipes. However, I saw this one dish and was like OMG, I love this pasta and I've had it in the seafood variety (and in my non-pescatarian days, the chicken variety), and I want to make it...now. Actually, because I made this dish so long ago now (yeah, I'm 1+ month behind...don't judge me), I saw the pictures and immediately put it on my list of recipes to re-create again soon. Gah, it was so delicious. Anyways...drum roll please....


Pasta Primavera! (Veggie Styleee)

This recipe is a bit time consuming with the chopping and sauteeing and simmering, but it is definitely worth it and you will have lunch for days. And when you re-heat it for your lunch, all of your peers will awkwardly lean over your shoulder because the aroma is just so delightful and it looks so delicious. True that. Be prepared to be the envied.

Ingredients

2 Cups of Uncooked Fusilli (Whole Wheat for meee)
2 Cups of Asparagus (Quarter them...but make sure you leave off the last 1/4...the stem)
1/2 Cup of Shelled Green peas (in my adaptation, I used about a cup of sugar snap peas...and they were PERFECT)
1 Small Yellow Bell Pepper
1 Small Red/Yellow Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
1/3 Whipping Cream (I just used milk)
2/3 Cup of Chicken Broth (I omitted it)
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Fresh Basil

Directions
1) Cook Pasta according to directions with salted water but in the last couple of minutes while the pasta is cooking, add asparagus and sugar snap peas. Drain to Large bowl and set aside

2) Meanwhile, saute bell peppers, onions and garlic on a large skillet for about 5 minutes.

3) Add tomatoes to the pan and continue to saute for about a minute, and then stir in whipping cream (or milk).

4) Add in salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and cook for a couple more minutes while all of the flavors are marinating together.

5) Add the items from the large skillet to the pasta, asparagus and sugar snap peas.

6) Top with Parmesan and Basil

7) Enjoy and Share!

Like I said previously, I am making this dish again soon because it was so delicious. That's about it. Go make it.


No comments: