Friday, September 3, 2010

Orzo with Brussels Sprouts, Cherry Tomatoes and Goat Cheese




I love Brussels Sprouts. There was a time that I never thought I would say those words, but it is true. I do. They are like little mini bite size cabbages, and I love cabbages so it only makes sense that I love Brussels Sprouts. I really think this "like" was a big kid development, but that is no big deal.


Anywho, I think Brussels Sprouts, like most vegetables, can find their way in some sort of pasta dish. So, I did just that. The only time consuming part of this dish is making the brussels sprouts, and this does not even take that long.

Ingredients

2 Cups of Brussels Sprouts
1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes
1 Cup of Orzo
1 Cup of Crumbled Goat Cheese
1/3 Cup of Parsley
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Directions

1) Preheat Broiler
2) Boil Orzo until cooked (approx 7-8 minutes)
3) Halve Brussels Sprouts and mix in bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper
4) Broil for 4 minutes on one side and then flip and broil on the other side for another 3-4 minutes until browned
5) Remove Orzo from stove and transfer to another bowl
6) Add in Brussels Sprouts and cherry tomatoes and mix well
7) Mix in goat cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste
8) Top with parsley
9) Enjoy and share!

I really enjoyed switching up this normal pasta with veggie and adding in those brussels sprouts. Not only do they add their own texture but they also add a nice warmth to the dish.

No comments: