Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pizza in the Morning, Pizza in the noon day, Pizza at Supper time

you must have thought that I forgot about you, NEVER! I have been actually in the kitchen quite a lot, BUT school is hard so I have little time to post. sad day. With a small break, I am going to try and throw together all that I have been cooking and baking since the end of August...which is a lot...so we'll see how much I get done.

Let's rock and roll.

So pizza is my lazy meal. however, it is so good and so easy and then look at this pizza, it looks so fancy...right?

Ingredients:

1 Pizza dough (TJs, Wegmans, Pillsbury (any grocery store), or make your own!
1 Cup of Spinach
1/2 Cup of Sliced Mushrooms
1/4-1/3 cup of Goat Cheese
1/2 cup of Kalamata olives
2/3 cup of Marinara Sauce

Directions:

1) Preheat that glorious oven of yours to 425
2) If using a baking sheet, line with foil or just oil with the sheet with olive oil and dust it with corn starch
-- If using a pizza stone, just pull that beautiful thing out of your cabinet
3) While oven is heating, saute mushrooms in olive oil, salt and pepper until soft and then add spinach until it just begins to wilt.
4) Remove spinach and mushrooms from heat and cover pizza dough with as little or as much pizza/marinara sauce as your heart desires
5) Top pizza with goat cheese, olives, spinach and mushrooms
6) Heat in oven until crusts browns and cheese is melted about 15-20 minutes
7) Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes
8) Enjoy and Share!!!

Yes, yes, Yes. I know. Karri, you've made pizza a lot before. Welp, it is easy, delicious and there are endless opportunities. So cry me a river. Well, don't but please go make yourself some pizza, preferably this one. One of these days when I have some more time on my hands, I definitely plan on taking to the kitchen and making my own pizza crust. GASP! That, and I also plan on taking on making my own gnocchi. CRAZY TALK. One of these days...

No comments: