I like pasta. I like Seafood. I like pasta and seafood. Well, I lied. I LOVE pasta and seafood, especially together. I got a little inspired by this delicious looking orzo salmon salad on another foodblog but with no salmon in sight, I opted to use shrimp instead. Needless to say, the substitute was no problem and the dish turned out deliciously and wonderfully...like the shrimp deserved to be there from the beginning. Or something like that.
1 Cup of Shrimp (Peeled and deveined)
1/3 cup of orzo
1 medium white onion
20 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
Juice of 2 large Lemons
1/4 cup diced Green Bell Pepper
2 tablespoons fresh Dill, chopped
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
Salt, to taste
1) Boil Orzo according to package
2) Meanwhile chop onions, tomatoes and bell peppers.
3) Season shrimp with a little salt and pepper and some olive oil in a small bowl on the side
4) Heat oil in medium sized skillet and saute onions until translucent
5) Once onions are cooked thoroughly, add shrimp and cook until opaque.
6) Once done, remove shrimp and onions, add to orzo and chopped peppers and tomatoes.
7) Mix thoroughly, season with salt and pepper to taste and top with some fresh dill
8) Enjoy and Share!
Adapted from: http://thruthebugsonmywindshield.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/grilled-salmon-orzo-salad/