really? you are probably like what is this girl thinking? i’ve never seen mexican and pita go together. Or maybe you have?
anywho. i was hungry one evening and had some veggies that need to be cooked before they went bad, and I had initially thought i had some whole wheat tortilla wraps but I was mistaken. however, i improvised and found some whole wheat pita in the freezer and decided to put it to use.
1/2 Yellow Onion Chopped
1 Cup of Sliced Mushrooms
8 oz of Baby spinach
1 Chopped Bell Pepper
2 Whole Wheat Pitas
1/4 Cup of Shredded Cheese
1) Heat frying pan on medium with olive oil
2) Saute onions with a pinch of salt and pepper
3) Add bell pepper and mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 4-6 minutes until mushrooms are cooked through. Meanwhile heat pitas.
4) Add spinach for 2-3 minutes before it wilts
5) Remove veggies from the stove top
6) Insert veggies into pita and add cheese
7) Enjoy and Share!
NOTES: You can really add whatever you want to this mix. I was just trying to use up what was getting ready to go bad in my fridge :-)