Wednesday, May 5, 2010

lemony zucchini goat cheese pizza

ahh yes. more pizza. but another delicious veggieventure!
it was literally the last possible day that i could use my delicious pre-made whole wheat pizza dough from TJ’s, so i was scavenging through my favorite sites for a quick, easy and delicious pizza recipe.
i came upon this recipe for a lemony zucchini goat cheese pizza on smittenkitchen and instantly decided that this would be made. this would be it. with my new found obsession with goat cheese, my longtime love affair with squash and my marriage to pizza, i was anxious to get home and whip this up. usually, i have both zucchini and summer squash in my fridge, however, i only had zucchini in my fridge but it just subtracted from the color but not the deliciousness of this pizza.


Ingredients:
1 or 2 Zucchini/Summer Squash
1/3 cup of Goat cheese (roughly)
1 lemon
1 pizza dough (make your own, go to TJ’s, Boboli or Pillsbury will also do)
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper


Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 450
2) Spread cornstarch and olive oil on your baking pan (or just use a pizza stone if you have one)
3) Pre-bake dough for about 8-10 minutes (not a necessary step, you can just bake it all at the end but I found that spreading would be easier on a partially baked crust).
4) While my dough was baking, in a small bowl, I stirred together the goat cheese, juice from half the lemon, and salt and pepper. I also cut up my zucchini into thin slices.
5) Take dough out of the oven and spread the mixture on the pizza dough.
6) Top the goat cheese with my zucchini slices and squeezed the juice from the other half of my lemon on top. I also topped it with some olive oil.
7) Bake for another 4-6 minutes until cheese melts and zucchini browns a little. (or bake 10-15 minutes..if you did not pre-bake your dough).
8) Enjoy & Share!
Notes: This recipe could easily be topped with chicken if you are not a veg like me. :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: