Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Orzo with curried tofu and broccoli

this is one of those "i really have no idea what I am in the mood for but it better be quick and delicious" sorta meals. a while back I had bought this red curry sauce from TJ's and was determined to do something with it. what I was going to do with it? I had no idea but I was going to do something. because I am no longer afraid of tofu I thought that the tofu would simmer well in the curry so I decided to do that and go with it. however, I was also aware that i needed to serve it with some sort of rice/pasta and I have all this orzo which is essentially is the ultimate rice/pasta, so I cooked up some of that to add to it. and then there was a surprise....but we'll get to that later.

Ingredients


2/3 Cup of Curry Simmer Sauce (you can make your own which is probably better but TJs is good for convenience and it's still pretty good)

8 oz of Tofu Diced in Cubes

1 cup of fresh broccoli cut into smaller pieces * Tadaaaaaa

1/4 Cup of Orzo

Directions
- kinda mind numbingly easy

1) Boil Orzo in salted water

2) Meanwhile, simmer diced tofu in curry simmer sauce for about 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.

3) When orzo is almost done cooking (about 7-8 minutes), add fresh broccoli to the pasta. NOTE: you will probably have to add some more water to the pot

4) Remove simmered curry tofu from heat.

5) Boil orzo and broccoli for another couple of minutes and drain.

6) Mix tofu with orzo and broccoli and season with salt and pepper to taste

7) Enjoy and Share!

No comments: