i have recently determined that everything in the cupcake form is just simpler. whether they are actually cupcakes is irrelevant but it is so much easier (especially when you have a group of buds) to make things in a cupcake pan. you dont have to worry about cutting slices, you dont have to worry about portion control and it is the perfect bite size amount for everyone.
with that being said, for one of our final group gatherings, i clearly wanted to bake something special for my buds. I decided that I would make brownies (in the cupcake form), and add a little special treat in them...fun size snickers. yes, i said it. fun size snickers. i am a firm believer that delicious candy bars can only make desserts that much more delicious. i feel like no one will disagree with me on this.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 fun size Snickers bars, chopped * I actually didn't chop them
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan or in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder to the saucepan and stir until incorporated.
- If you chopped the snickers, fold in Snickers bar chunks and bake or
- Wait until they are finished baking (approximately 25-30 minutes) and press fun size snickers into the brownies, let them melt in and cool.
- Enjoy and Share!