Sometimes thing just come together and they were better then you expected. This is precisely what happened with this dish. I was inspired by a dish that I saw on Deb's Smitten Kitchen and it just morphed it into my own tasty meal. This is a dish I really recommend trying and although it doesn't seem that it would be that filling, it most definitely is.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoon of honey
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 medium head of cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
A Bundle of Asparagus (Anywhere between 1/2-1 pound)
2 teaspoons chopped parsley (or herb of your choice)
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Toss cauliflower florets and asparagus with 1/4 cup of olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
3) Spread on a baking sheet and roast until edges are dark and caramelized, about 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice.
4) While cauliflower and asparagus is browning beautifully, combine remaining olive oil, vinegar, and honey. Stir over medium heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Cool.
5) Whisk lemon juice, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Add to olive oil, vinegar and honey mixture.
6) Combine roasted, still warm cauliflower and asparagus. Add the cheese.
7) Season salad with salt and pepper to taste.8) Share and Enjoy!
So yeahhhh, go make this. you wont regret it. I promise.