yup, its that time again for some eggless desserts. however, this is one of the easier eggless desserts that i have had to make because it is with peanut butter and if you know anything about baking, peanut butter is its own binding agent. just think about all of those pb & j sandwhiches you had when you were growing up and that deliciously sticky taste in your mouth, yeah you know it.
for that same end of the year bbq, i decided that i was going to make quick ml friendly dessert because it was also his final day at work. i had never made eggless peanut butter cookies, but it seemed easy enough so i took to that recipe and got baking.
- 1 cup shortening ( I just used unsalted butter)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk ( I just used regular milk)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets ( I just usually put foil on the cookie sheets).
- Mix the shortening, peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar and buttermilk until smooth and fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the peanut butter mixture and mix until well blended.
- Drop cookies ( I roll them into little balls and dab them with flour) 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork that has been dipped in flour. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes.* I usually under-bake them by 2 minutes because when they cool, they are the perfect chewy consistency.
- Share and Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/eggless-peanut-butter-cookies/Detail.aspx