Saturday, April 24, 2010

Zucchini, Tomatoes and Ricotta Linguine


veggieventures in the kitchen

after taking a gander through my "cooking light" magazine, I came upon this quick easy pasta recipe that looked absolutely delicious. I made a few changes because I don't really have the patience for making my own "fresh ricotta" when I can just buy it in the store and the use the rest for another recipe.



Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Ricotta

1 Zucchini

1 1/2 Cup of Cherry/Grape Tomatoes

1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic

Salt and Pepper to Taste

Pinch of Mint/Parsley/Fresh herb of your choice











Directions:

1) Bring 6 qts of water to boil in Dutch Oven

2) Cook Linguine until Al Dente for about 7 minutes

3) Drain linguine and meanwhile coat and heat sauce pan with olive oil

4) Cut Zucchini lengthwise and then half and add to sauce pan

5) Sauté Zucchini for about 2 minutes and then add garlic and cherry tomatoes and cook for about another two minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

6) Remove Zucchini, garlic and cherry tomatoes from stovetop

7) Add Ricotta to linguine and top with Zucchini, Garlic and cherry tomatoes. Mix well and season with Salt and Pepper to taste.

8) Top with herb of your choice (I used Parsley)

9) Enjoy and Share! :-D


No comments: